eTAX is an information system specially designed and developed for accounting for municipal taxes, charges, permits and licensing records.
Examples include real estate rental taxes, charges for pet ownership and registration, construction permits, permits for mass public events and outdoor advertising, licensing records for the retail sale of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, bulk petroleum products, transportation of passengers, and other.
eTAX includes all needed processes from managing taxpayers and objects of taxation to tax calculation and payment management. The system's integrated self service module facilitates municipalities and resident’s fast and easy access to online services. With different variation of selected modules eTAX is used by 48 (80% of total) municipalities in Lithuania.
Goal of eTAX is to ensure effective and easy tax, rent and related payments management process. eTAX consist of 8 components.
- Available through internet (SaaS);
- All municipal taxes, charges are recorded in one system;
- Flexible tax incentives application;
- Uploads from the different registers;
- Electronic services are provided to taxpayers via individual modules designed for the user, where they can review the municipal data collected on them, the notifications about their submitted payments of all taxes and charges and payments received.
Cost and time saving:
- Speeded up the data entry and search;
- Automatically generated reports;
- Less time spent on corrections;
- Import of the bank statements on payments, payment netting, payment entry and adjustment;
- Electronic invoices, which save the costs assigned for sending the payment messages
- Less painful staff turnover - easier integration of new employees;
- Error control;
- Generating debtor’s reports and reminders on debt.
- eTAX is developed for municipal tax accounting by performing below described functions. Even though the taxation scope is determined, eTAX can be easily adjusted to other needed tax collection.