VOLIS, an open source e-democracy information system for municipal councils/ governments, facilitates the work of councils and governments, making it quicker, simpler and more cost-effective as well as more open to the public.
The service enables the following:
- conducting meetings and sessions of the municipal council or government, automatic recording of minutes and arranging of voting;
- recording events taking place during the session and making the video recordings available to the public afterwards;
- virtual participation in sessions;
- submitting proposals or sending proposals submitted by residents for public voting;
- conducting polls about joining local governments.